Today we have reached a huge landmark! WE'RE OFFICIALLY OUT OF EARLY ACCESS \o/! Today's release marks our official transition to a fully fledged game, fancy that! We're not done though, we still plan to update weekly and provide you guys with more content to dig your terror mandibles into! Below is a list of the patch notes for this week's update, but if you've not played in a while be sure to check out our patch notes and YouTube tutorial series as a lot has changed.
Also, check out our fancy new trailer! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdqX_PRXqfA
- New Map! Today we release our second map 'The Forest' for you to deceive and trick your friends and enemies on!
- Traits! Leveling up your character now unlocks challenges that you can complete to unlock traits that give you a slight edge on others in the game! Level up all characters to 7 to unlock all of their traits and challenges.
- ELO System! Reached rank 0? We have now implemented an ELO system which tracks how well you're playing relative to everyone else you're playing with.
- GameMaster Notes! have been added to the game! Notes are outlined in purple and only 1 of each diary is spawned on each floor each game. Collect all the entries to answer questions about The Asylum, The GameMaster, and his secrets!
- Terrors no longer have vision of innocents in the day period. During the night period a sonar effect happens every ten seconds to reveal player positions. Players who sprint will also be highlighted.
- The concept of run energy has been removed.
- Added a notification system to the main menu to inform you of level ups/game updates etc.
- The character XP formula for the amount of XP required per level has been increased.
- The in-game tutorial has been replaced by a link to our YouTube video series.
- Players can now pickup armour when they already have (non-full) armour.
- Winning a game now only awards 1 mark not 2. When de-ranking you are now given half the marks of the previous rank. (Higher number if odd number).
- The start timer of a round has been increased to 20 seconds to account for trait selection
- Added random map loading when a game is starting
- Fixed not being able to un-crouch on top floor of the cell block.
- Made blood bags on the middle and top floor of the asylum visible again.
- Images on the UI are now preloaded correctly.
- Infected players can now see the outlines of other infected players.
- Fixed/improved a bunch of the steam achievements.
- Fixed an issue where you could load 3 shots into the shotgun.
- Fixed several optimization issues increasing FPS.
- Fixed multiple crashes whilst closing the game.
- Fixed a crash relating to the animation system.
- Reduced shadow casting lights on low spec to increase performance
- Fixed some level streaming issues
- Fixed Collision at the bottom of the stairs on the second floor leading to the cell
- Moved a number of blood bags and other consumables spawning in front of levers
- Finalized the cell block room which is a large new room allowing for easier movement around the second floor, and adding 2 new ways up to the third floor.
- Added more spectator points to the asylum
- Fixed an issue where a large amount of decals weren't showing, including puddles
- Enlarged the bathroom on the second floor, increasing the playable area for more fluid gameplay
- Added character voices.
- Fixed missing objective capture sound.
- Fixed broken terror proximity ambiance.
- Fixed end of round SFX.
- Fixed 'into iron sights' transition for female characters
- Tweaked inspection kit's animations
- Fixed issue where downed people appear as t-posed
Patch Notes v2.0a: http://talk.playdeceit.com/t/v2-0a-patch-notes/1582/2
Patch Notes v2.0b: http://talk.playdeceit.com/t/v2-0b-patch-notes/1586
New Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdqX_PRXqfA
Tutorial Series: https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL32jlMn00W6HZMsD8Vn7LI_-gC4VqLaE9&v=DO68K1yW9LU
v2.0.1 Patch Notes - Sunday 5th March 2017
- Several optimizations and fixes to matchmaking
- Fixed issue where marks and bonus marks weren't being applied
- Fixed multiple issues with challenges not updating correctly
- You can no longer use items on terrors
- Fixed issue on forest map where players weren't registering as being in the next area
- Fixed issue on forest map where two-player objectives weren't working correctly
- Terrors no longer get stuck on players they have executed
- The notification system on the main menu has been changed to be more noticeable
- Fixed issues with ELO not displaying correctly for rank 0 players
- Levers now have a red outline to infected players then you can de-activate them
- Ranks on the 'Q' interface now display correctly
- Fixed bug where shooting to slow terrors was being applied to all terrors
- Fixed a bug where some user's names were causing issues on our interfaces
- Fixed an issue with reviving players