We are currently looking into persistent connection issues some users are experiencing with the server. To assist us with this, users who are finding themselves unable to connect to the server should perform a Traceroute which will gather some data that can assist us with diagnosing the cause.
If you can typically connect but cannot currently connect please check on the community discord as it may be a server outage or server maintenance, in that case you should not perform a Traceroute, simply wait a few minutes and restart your game client.
What is a Traceroute:
A traceroute shows the step-by-step path that a connection takes to its destination, in this case between your computer and the server.
How to perform a Traceroute:
1. Click Start.
2. In the search field, type cmd.
3. Right-click on CMD.exe and select Run as Administrator.
4. Enter the command tracert 18.104.22.168> c:\tracert.txt and press Enter.
5. Wait a few minutes for the traceroute to complete. This creates a file on your C: drive called tracert.txt.
6. Close the command window.
Please send this file with the subject ‘Traceroute’ to info [at] automaton.uk