Now 2017 is in full swing, we're excited to announce our full launch on 24th February. We have big plans for Deceit between now and then as we are planning to do our last big early access changes before our release. To wet your appetite, here are some of the things we have planned (subject to change):
To keep the gameplay fresh and replayable we're giving you more things to do in the day time, more reasons to doubt each other, and more ways to get around the map. Here are a few of the changes we're planning:
- Completing objectives now increases the length of the day period and reduces the length of the night period.
- Each objective is activated by pulling a lever somewhere on the map. If an objective is active and not started yet, the lever can be pulled to make it inactive.
- Doors now automatically open to the next floor after a blackout, and there is no longer a key.
- Ammo points are being removed, and instead there will be consumables placed around the map that are 'used' as soon as you pick them up (blood bags, ammo, armour, energy etc).
- Terrors will now be able to utilise the vents on the map to teleport around the map, in order to keep up their sneakiness.
- Players are now eliminated through the game by voting. Downing a player triggers a vote, and then other players can shoot their downed body to also vote for that player. Once enough votes have been cast, the player is then eliminated from the game.
- Once downed, players can now be revived by other players. If they aren't, they will re-spawn in a location on that floor. (Terror executions still eliminate)
Seasonal Ranking System
Players will now rank up and compete on a monthly seasonal basis to determine who is the best Deceit player in the world! The ladder will reset each month and you will start at the beginning of the ladder at rank 20. Each game you play you will gain 2 marks for a win, and lose one mark if you lose. Each rank will require a certain number of marks to rank up, and once you hit a certain rank you can not drop below that rank band until the ladder resets. Once a player reaches the top of the ranking system, they are then added to our leaderboard which will determine who the best deceivers are based on an ELO system, similar to how chess works. The top deceivers each month will then win prizes based on how well they have performed that month! (Note: winning will now be on an individual basis, so those clutch 1 man innocent escapes will still rank you up!)
We are replacing the current leveling and prestiging systems with a system that allows you to level on a per-character basis, and your trait slots will be tied to the level of your character. Don't worry! All progress currently made in the game will be transferable to the characters, so none of your time you've spent in the asylum will have been wasted.
Forest Map (Name TBD)
Our second outdoor map is being released alongside our full launch. It is a night time outdoor map, which really lets the terrors run havoc: jumping over rocks, hiding behind trees, and sneaking up on people from any direction. Below is a sneak preview of what to expect:
These are a few of the core changes that we're making between now and the full release, alongside other useful technical tasks such as upgrading to the newest version of CryEngine 5, generally polishing the game, and adding new ways to find out answers to all of your burning questions about the game's lore. Thank you to everyone who has been playing Deceit since we launched in EA and have seen how far it has come in such a short period. We're really interested to hear your feedback on these changes, so please leave a comment or come and chat in our Discord to let us know what you think.
The Automaton Team